Friday, May 18, 2007

Tiny miracle and clear stamps

Just wanted to share a quick card. My husband's cousin is having a baby shower soon and I wanted to just go ahead and make it to have on hand.

  • Studio G clear stamp set (Joann's $1 set)
  • MME patterned paper
  • Chocolate Chip CS
  • Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip ink
  • Cuttlebug flower die
  • circle punch
  • ribbon
  • pop dots
I also wanted to share a tip that Amy S. shared with me the other day about the acrylic/clear stamps. She said to use a pencil eraser (don't use a white artists eraser, those don't work) and drag it all over the surface of the stamp. The next time you ink up you will have a much clearer image.

I did a comparison of before and after to show you what a difference it makes! Make sure you click the pic to make it bigger so you can really see. It might not be a ginormous (love that word) difference but it definitely is noticeable on a card you've worked hard on!

6 comments:

Amy said...

That is a great tip about the eraser. I have to try that. I am dissapointed with quality of the image sometimes with the clear stamps.

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Love that card Heidi!! So pretty - and great tip, I'll have to try that! :)

Rose Ann said...

I love your card with those tiny footprints! Very nice!!

I finally read the whole insert from one of my PaperTrey sets...and it says to do the same thing. Great tip...and I'm going to have to try it soon.

Meli Palmer said...

What a simple and sweet little card...just fitting for a new baby!

Anonymous said...

Ok that is the most adorable card...and the tip about the eraser is one I will have to try!

Dottie K. said...

This is a great tip! TFS! Such a sweet baby card.