Wednesday, May 30, 2007

If wishes could make you well

This is a card I made months ago and forgot I had made it. One of Joe's younger cousins got her face burnt when hot oil splashed out of a pot. Thankfully, everything healed well and she is doing just fine now!

The card is watercolor paper in 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 size. I don't have any of the Fabriano note cards so I try and get the effect of those by using watercolor paper for my whole base.

  • Little Friends (TAC), Curvy Verses (SU) stamp sets
  • Stazon Jet Black ink
  • Barely Banana, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Going Grey re-inkers
  • aqua painters
  • ribbon and rhinestone
***
Okay, so I used to be a big fan of scary movies. I loved watching them and I loved being scared. But now-a-days scary movies aren't what they used to be. I like House on Haunted Hill and Amityville Horror and movies like that where there are 'spirits' or 'ghosts' chasing people around. What happened to those kind of movies? It seems like every movie that has come out lately that I can think of (other than the remake of Amityville and Grudge 2-which I can't watch cause the kid freaks me out!) has to do with sick demented perverts that chop people up and never get caught. I mean seriously! In the end they are walking away whistling or smiling. I can't watch these movies! I watched Saw when it first came out and those images still pop into my head occasionally. It makes me sick to my stomach. I think things changed once I had kids. I would watch movies and never think 'hey, I hope someone doesn't creep into my house tonight and slit my throat.' Now though, that I have children, I think of anything that could possibly happen and what I would do in that situation. There really are people out there that are sick and crazy!

I guess this all stems from watching Hannibal Rising last night. I watched Silence of the Lambs and it was a good movie. It was a movie and not a gore fest. I also watched Red Dragon. I don't remember much of it but I do remember thinking it was good. So, I had to watch this one. This one, well, this one was okay. It was really odd but then again he is supposed to be an odd character. It does make you think though about some of the torment kids go through in certain situations and home lives. It made my heart hurt for those who sustain such abuse.

I'm sorry, I got off on a tangent. I just would like to see a decent ghost movie. But it appears as though the oldies will always stay the goodies. Until something else comes out I'll stick with my comedies! Gotta love Will Ferrel!

7 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Heidi, Your card is adorable! Your watercoloring is great, and I love the ribbon! I'm so glad to hear Joe's cousin recovered well!

I used to love scary movies (never the slasher ones)...but not any more. Kids probably have something to do with it.

Melissa said...

How sweet is this??!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

Heidi what a cute little chicky. Great watercoloring too!!
Oh, strangely enough I am about to go watch Hannibal Rising with DH. I'll let ya know what I think when Im done.

Unknown said...

Cute little chickie!! Great card!

Anonymous said...

awww what a totally cute card. I'm sure she will love it. as for the movies...I am a HUGE scary movie buff...but I will NOT watch the Grudge 2...nope...just can't do it! The little boy making that noise....gives me the heebies!

Unknown said...

Oh how tweet! love it! Don't worry about the stamping top 50! It's not everything! I know you'll get back up there! :)

Unknown said...

Aww! How cute is this??? ;)