Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Caarvarks conest entry

I had to make several cards today to send out. There are 3 of my nieces, 1 cousin, and 1 anniversary and they are all tomorrow! I also have another niece in a few days (have yet to make that one either). It seems that since it has gotten warm outside all I have been doing is playing outside with the kids, giving them baths after playing outside, organizing the house, and taking pictures of everything that I see! Anyway, moving on.....

This is my favorite card of the bunch. I love the 'bling' in the treasure chest which is why I had the Caardvarks challenge in mind when I thought this up!

  • Ahoy Matey stamp set, Matey's Map jumbo wheel (SU)
  • Kraft and black CS
  • Stazon jet black ink, Versamark ink
  • gold tinsel embossing powder
  • Prismacolors and gamsol
  • Marvy Giga scallop circle punch
  • twine
  • pop dots
*I do want to add to that I absolutely love the idea of stamping the background on the kraft paper and coloring with the Prismacolor pencils. Love the look and saves time!

***
This is just a quick Anniversary card for my sister and her hubby. I wanted to keep it understated and clean. The heart is much more sparkly though in person!

  • black CS
  • chipboard heart (Joann's)
  • love stamp (Studio G)
  • Versamagic white chalk ink
  • Iridescent embossing powder
  • white Soufflee pen
  • satin ribbon
  • pop dots
I'll save the other two for later just in case I don't get a chance to make any tomorrow.

*****
On another note I wanted to link you to Amy S's homeschool blog. Her latest entry is so true to me and it's nice to know I am not the only homeschooling momma out there who struggles sometimes! It's also nice to know I can call her if I need a pick me up! After all, she is my cousin!

Now, I am off to watch the season finale of House. Let's see if everything on that show falls apart like Betty and Grey's did last week! Sheeh!

4 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Your cards are wonderful, Heidi!

I love the "gold" in the treasure chest, and your coloring is amazing!!

The anniversary card for your sister and her husband is simple and sweet! Love the satin ribbon and sparkly heart!

Jennifer said...

Oh my - the bling in the treasure chest is just perfect! I love the whole card! And the anniversary card is simply beautiful! I LOVE how it's so simple and elegant. I need to take a lesson from you -I think I tend to overdo my cards sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Heidi!!
Drew loved, loved, loved his pirate card! I took a cute pic of him with it, and plan on sending it your way. He says thanks!

Love ya!
Amy

Anonymous said...

I love your treasure map and chest! You did a great job getting that wheel to cover both halves of the page seamlessly. Thank you also for the homeschooling blog link; it was an encouragement. :-D