Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The difference is amazing!

I knew that the new camera would be a lot nicer than the one we had. However, I didn't realize just how much better. The difference is completely amazing!!!! I still can't believe how well some of the pics I took came out and I am just starting to figure out the camera.

If you have a little extra money to spare (okay, so $1000 isn't 'a litte') you really need to buy this camera. And in my opinion the 75-300mm lens is a MUST HAVE! That is the lens I took most of the following pics with. You get soooo close to the subject! It's just freakin' awesome! Can you tell I'm excited?!?

So, I had to share some of the photos I took yesterday. I took the girls to a park called Carriage Hill. They have animals, old houses complete with people dressed up with 'olden days' clothes, a lake, and walking trails too. It's an interesting place.















*****
I also wanted to show you the blog candy I got from miss Meli Mitchell over at The Glitter Goddess. Isn't this so sweet!?! Thank you so much Meli! I love it! My daughters already tried to sneak my pail away to put their scissors in! Don't worry though, I snuck it right back!



And isn't this card rockin'!? I love it! It looks even better in person!

11 comments:

Meli Palmer said...

I am SUPER jealous...that is the camera that I want! Probably won't happen until Christmas though...then I can throw the pos camera I have out the window!!
I'm glad you enjoyed your candy and I hope that it made it to you in one piece! :o)

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Heidi your going to absolutely love your new XTi, I’m still trying to get the hang of mine... going Manual is scary!

Your photos are beautiful :)

Colleen Schaan said...

your photos are stunning...I too have a new camera, only I don't really know how to use it all yet!

Anonymous said...

OMG, those photos are amazing! I'm so envious! OK, I'm going to have to start a savings jar so we can get that camera! TFS.

Amy said...

Hi Heidi! These are stunning photos....my favorite is your little girl by the fence in black and white. It definitely conveys a feeling of wonderment....(is that even a word?) I got a new Nikon D40 a few months ago, and I'm with you, I can't believe the difference between my new camera and my old camera (which was no slouch either)! Can't wait to see more!

Amy

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

WOWZERS!! Heidi your pictures are mind blowing!! They are beautiful, crisp, and serene. I love the one of your daughter..she is a cutey!!!

stargate_freak2 said...

Oh I love this one Aunt Heidi, you did such A good job on it

Unknown said...

Great pictures Heidi! I have an older verson of the Canon Digital Rebel and I love it!!! it is the best camera, now I need that bigger lens though . . . :)

Rose Ann said...

Oh my goodness, Heidi! Your pictures are amazing!!

Creative Expressions by Stephanie said...

Okay, they are stunning!!! All I can say is WOW!!!

Corie said...

Wow, I LOVE the black and white picture. It is wonderful.