Friday, May 11, 2007

My journey has ended

Well, I got news yesterday that I didn't make it to the top 10 for the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol contest. I can't say I'm not bummed but I am still happy to have gotten to do a few rounds!

I want to thank all of you again who voted for me and took the time to leave such sweet comments wishing me luck! You're all great!

Here was my final card. The category was shaped Mother's Day cards.


***
I also finally got a chance to use a bella image that Juile sent me! I had to try out the sand like she had on her card. I just love the look of the real sand!

  • Beachabella (Stamping Bella), 1/8 inch snap stamps (Karen Foster)
  • Positively Pink, Cool Caribbean CS
  • DCWV Pocket full of Posies Mat stack
  • Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder
  • ZIG markers and aqua painter
  • stickles, sand, ribbon, needle, pop dots
***
I am still having a blast with my camera! I think I have decided to start a photography blog so I don't picture overkill on here! When I do I'll be sure to post the link!

11 comments:

Colleen Schaan said...

Sorry to hear you didn't move on in the Idol Challenge...your card was wonderful and I personally think it was in the top 5...BUT...you are right...you should be honored you got the chance to play...it really says a lot about your level of crafting. I really like your Bella card...the background paper is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
I'm sorry (and surprised!) that you didn't move on in the challenge. Your card was beautiful. I love you my talented friend!

Hugs,
Amy

Jen Carter said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't make it to the next round! I really thought that you deserved to! But, you did great and you were competing against other great designers as well, so be proud!! :) You did well!

Unknown said...

You did great in the contest Heidi!! I voted for you! :) Enjoy your neat prizes! I love your card . .. the colors are bright and cheery!

My Passion said...

You're the winner in my eyes! I love visiting your blog and your cards are just amazing. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that stinks! I definitely thought your card was the tops ... at least in the top 3! Don't let this stop you, though. I hope you keep on entering contests like this, because you're very talented! Looking forward to seeing your photography blog!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, sorry you didn't make it to the top ten. Your card is beautiful!

Meli Palmer said...

Well Heidi, I think you DESERVED to win. I love the little birdie on that card...it just makes me smile :o)
And boo to you for not sending me your fabulous camera as a "I know we've never met but I think you are cool and so I am giving you a super cool gift" gift. Ha ha.
In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to your photography blog!!
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's day!!

Creative Expressions by Stephanie said...

Sorry you didn't make it either. Really surprised too...your creations really stood out. You Rock girl!!! Maybe next nime;) Hope you had an awesome Mother's day!!!

*hugs*

Steph

Valerie Salmon said...

Heidi, you should have been part of the 10. :( I'm glad we "met" through it. Let's keep in touch.

Amanda said...

I love love love the background paper on the beachabella card and her sparkly bikini is just to die for! Gorgeous work girlfriend!!!