Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow, snow, go away!

Don't come back another day!! Yuk! I am done with the snow! But it's not done with us apparently because we still have another 6 inches or so to go, plus the sleet, but we won't go there. Thank you Lord for blessing me with a nice warm home and hot chocolate to drink!

I got a wedding card done last night that I needed for this weekend. I was pretty happy with it. Not my most favorite, but I seldom make wedding cards. Then, I ruined it. Bad!

Here is the before-


And here is the after-


What happened you say? Well, I was cleaning a stamp and some 'splatter' from the cleaner got onto the card. It didn't look bad but it was only on half of the card so I figured I would splatter the other half to make it even. That's where it started to go wrong. The speckles ended up being way too much. So what do I do then? I try to calm those down by dipping my paintbrush in water and re-inker to 'paint' the paper. Bad idea!!! Well, for this card anyway. It would probably look cute on a card with a fish or something on it.

So now I have to make a new wedding card and I can't stand making the same card twice. I'll probably end up making a completely different card. But at least I walk away with a lesson, right?

I did make a quick birthday card for hubby's best friend. He is very quick witted and we get along well. I also made him a magnet for his toolbox at work.


Card-
Inside reads: but you can be immature forever!


Magnet-
  • TAC 2006 gift with purchase stamp
  • Simple Shapes (SU)
  • Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery ink pads
  • Modge Podge
  • magnet
I have to finish up Valentine's for the kids today so I'll hopefully get those on later! Stay warm!

No comments: