Monday, April 09, 2007

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

I have been getting a little tired of the white background for my cards. I think it's because it reminds me of snow, so for now I am on a white background boycott. Any other colors but that! Maybe it will make the yucky weather go away! Doubt it, but you can't say I didn't do my part!

This is the first time I have inked this stamp. I got it a while ago. Makes me laugh! I think I am going to make a set of these for my momma to send to her goofy girlfriends! Maybe I'll just make them up and send them to her with a note inside.

  • Stampabilities stamp
  • DCWV glitter paper
  • Aqua painters, re-inkers, ribbon, pop dots
***
I hope everyone's Easter was good! Mine was nice but I had a pounding sinus headache the whole time. I loved the food though! {grin} I went Easter on my side of the family (pretty much just my siblings and spouses with a few other people) in a track suit and no make-up. They knew I was feeling pretty bad when I showed up with no make-up on!!! I always at least put some foundation and mascara or something on. Nah, I kept blowing my nose and wiping my eyes cause they were watering, so it would have just been a waste.

I got to play with my sisters new Cannon Digital Rebel XTi. Oh my goodness! I have been wanting one but I actually got to play with hers yesterday. It is so awesome! After looking at the pictures I instantly wanted to scrapbook again. It's been almost 2 years since I have done a page. But it looked so perfect! The picture, not my last scrap page! {giggle} We are going to sit down and go over some things and hopefully be able to swing it. The basic camera is only around $700 but then you need to get a good lens (or at least we want to) and we also want an external flash which would bump us up to around $1000 or so. Oh, how I am green!!!!! She is so lucky!! She deserves it though. That's 'what she does'. She took my Senior pictures along with my best friends, cousins, and a few other people. She loves to do it and is really good at it. Until I married Joe I was her 'assistant'. Try and tell me what to do now April! Just go ahead! Nah, I'm still a little scared of her. She used to hold me down and make me eat grass when I was little. I still can't lay down in the grass without flashbacks. {Laughing my head off}

She is supposed to send me the pics I took with her camera later today so I might upload a few. Might? Who am I kidding? I will be back later with pics of my kids. {grin}

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Heidi! Love the card, it's perfect for the girlfriends! I recently bought a Nikon D40, and LOVE it! It's made for people ready to make that first step from point and shoot to DSLR. It's much more affordable than the Canon and it's gotten great reviews! You should check it out!

Amy

Michele Kovack said...

I too love photography and am an avid scrapbooker. I have a really good 35 mm, but am itching for a really GOOD digital! MAybe for my birthday in Sept? Nice to "meet" you! I'm new to the blogging world, just started mine a couple of weeks ago!

Rose Ann said...

What a cute card! Your coloring looks terrific!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

I’ve been thinking about getting this stamp, because I love the sentiment. Your card is wonderful and I love the Spring-y patterned paper you used.

Santa (dh) brought me a Rebel XTi and I love it!