Thursday, October 18, 2007

A little bit Christmas

I have a feeling that if I stepped outside right now I might be blown away. Although, with my 10 lb. weight gain in the last few months, maybe not. It is really windy though and since I am so important to so many people I don't think I'll take the risk. By the way, those 'so many people' are my kids and hubby who depend on me for food and clean clothes!

I feel guilty lately that I haven't been blogging as often as I would like. It seems like when I get a project done, I don't have time to immediately take a picture, resize, watermark, upload, and write an entry. Then, once I realize I don't have time to do it that day I just tell myself that I'll wait to post once I make another card. Sometimes that doesn't happen, sometimes it's a card I can't share yet, and sometimes, just sometimes, I actually make more than one card and still don't have time to post. A lot of that has to do with switching computers to do the photo editing and then switching back to the laptop to post. If I could just do it all on the laptop on the couch while I watch a movie with the kids, it would solve oh so much! Since I use hubby's there is a 'don't load up my laptop with a bunch of programs and pictures so it's turtle slow' rule. Oh well, guess I'll just have to bat my eyelashes for my own!

My Cosmo Cricket chipboard review was posted on Craft Critique today. I did the following project to show how awesome it is!


I used 3 4x4 chipboard coasters, covered them with BasicGrey Fruitcake paper, and sanded the edges. Then I covered the edges with red antique glitter that I found at a yard sale. This is the first time I have used this glitter because I am seriously hoarding it! I have a light gold and green too. Just beautiful! Anyway, I gave each letter 2 coats of acrylic paint and sanded them down too. Added large eyelets and pop dotted them onto the chipboard. As I was making it I was wondering who I could gift it to but the more I thought, I decided to keep it for myself. I always give away the things I make. Not this time. It's a keeper!


  • 4x4 heavyweight coasters
  • BasicGrey Fruitcake DP
  • Cosmo Cricket buck naked chipboard alphas
  • green acrylic paint
  • fine grit sandpaper
  • BasicGrey file set
  • eyelets
  • glitter
  • ribbon
  • spiral clip and brad

I really love how this next card turned out! This is an Artful Inkables flower from Starving Artistamps. When I got it I knew I wanted to do something different with it. Since I have been stuck on using kraft paper lately I thought that emboss resist would be the way to go. Well, one thing lead to another and it ended up getting more colorful than what I had first imagined. I'm glad one thing lead to another though!

  • KSAI-103 Blossom and leaf, 42.02 Best thing in my life (Starving Artistamps)
  • kraft, black CS
  • Stazon Jet Black ink, Veramark
  • black embossing powder
  • Versamagic Cloud White. Pixie Dust, Aloe Vera Chalk ink, Colorbox Rouge chalk ink
  • sponges
  • ribbon
  • push pin

This is also done with all Starving Artistamps products. I actually pulled out my crimper for this one too! Love the brown and the teal together!!

  • P24.02 Tight weave, 46.04 Thanks a bunch, 45.12 Snowflakes (Starving Artistamps)
  • Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal, white CS
  • Chocoalte Chip, Taken with Teal classic ink
  • crimper
  • sponge
  • ribbon

I saved a few to share for tomorrow. Maybe I'll get a chance later tonight to write up my entry so I make sure it can get posted tomorrow.

On my last note of this really long post, I love you guys! Really, I do! I appreciate everyone who visits my blog and leaves encouraging comments and sometimes helps remind me why I love doing this so much! Hope all of you have a great evening!

2 comments:

Christi Flores said...

All of your cards are adorable!!! You do such fantastic work.

Rose Ann said...

Your chipboard Joy banner really turned out super, Heidi! Love your cards as well! Can't wait to see more. ;)