Saturday, October 07, 2006

Pretty good card day!

Today ended up being a pretty good card day! My cousin Amy (who is really my great friend) came over today to do some paper crafting with me. Usually when we get together to 'stamp' or 'scrap' we end up talking instead and not getting much done. Either that or half the time goes to that pesky little hmmmmm...... monster. You know who he is. He's that little guy who puts your hand up to your chin and makes you stare at the paper for 10 minutes before you know which one to pick. And then of course another 10 minutes to decide which ribbon to use. Yeah, he is such a pain in the butt sometimes.

I actually had more than one monster today. Clinton was my other, but much cuter little pain. When will the clingy 'stage' be over?!? I love him to pieces but my arms are going to fall off from holding him all the time. I know I said this with the first two also but somehow I managed to survive them so I guess I should just suck it up and put on my big girl panties, eh?

I did get the coveted Oval Scallop punch from Marvy. I cringed at how much I had to pay for it but I got to use it today and I do have to say that I am in *love*! If you don't already have one you really need to get one! Actually, you don't need it at all. But you know you want it, so why not? :0)

Here are some of the cards I got done today.

  • These two were inspired by anything made by Julie Ebersole (JulieHRR) because I admire her work so very much.
  • DCWV paper
  • Winter Wonderland stamp set (TAC)
  • Marvy Mega scallop oval punch
  • ZIG markers
  • ribbon and fiber
  • pop dots

I saw a card a few days ago done with pink and black for snowflakes and I loved the idea so here is my version. The card measures 4 1/4 x 4 1/4.

  • DCWV paper
  • Snowflakes stamp set (TAC)
  • Small Script stamp set (SU)
  • American Crafts Ribbon
  • Marvy Scallop oval punch
  • Pink Passion ink (SU)
  • black ink and white pigment
  • silver glitter glue
  • staples
  • pop dots

This last one is for my niece's 3rd birthday. B stands for Bella. She is having her birthday party at Magic Castle (like a Chuckie Cheese) and the girls can't wait to go!


  • My Mind's Eye paper
  • chipboard letter from TAC
  • paint
  • sandpaper
  • ribbon
  • metal photo turns and brads
*I do want to say that I was a little dissapointed with TAC's chipboard letters. When I started to sand it a little to distress it the paper was ripping. It also could have been the fact that I didn't wait long enough after I painted even though it was dry. I guess I will try to hold my britches a little better next time and see if that makes a difference.

No comments: