Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My Long Weekend......

......that didn't seem so long! Joe and I left on Friday night at 7:00 to have our 5 year Anniversary long weekend away together. His mom and dad volunteered to watch the kids and it was actually their idea that we take some time for eachother. And boy did we need it!

We went to the Mansfield Reformantory in northern Ohio for a 'haunted prison' which was decent. I think Joe and I showed our age though because we were trying to look at the actual prison instead of the creepy things jumping out. We really want to take a tour once it opens back up in the summer. For those who might not know, Shawshank Redemption was filmed there.

From there we went to Cedar Point the next day and had a great time. Although we thought for sure that there weren't going to be too many people there 'cause it was pretty freakin' cold. Wow, were we wrong!!! We got to ride 4 rides in 7 hours! But, we did ride Top Thrill Dragster and it was the most amazing 15 seconds!!!!! WOW! It's definitely the best ride I have ever been on. It goes 120 mph and shoots you up (and drops you down) 140 straight up into the air! Here is some more info if you are interested.
http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/coasters/top_thrill_dragster/index.cfm

The next day was spent trying to keep myself from getting Hypothermia on Put-In-Bay island on Lake Erie. We checked out the world's largest Geode and drank at the worlds longest bar too. I think the bar might have been more enjoyable.

All in all we had a great time because it was alone time with eachother. Although I did miss my babies and when we got back I didn't want to let them go. But I had to so they could eat the Strawberry Cheesecake Jelly Belly's we got them on the way back!


Tune in tomorrow and I will upload some things that I have made since I've been back. Until then....goodnight!

No comments: