Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Princess hair clip!

Good morning all! I hope the beginning of your week as been good so far! I'm still truckin' along! I had a long list of things to do yesterday and the kids begged me to 'skip school'. The funny thing about that is, when you homeschool, it's okay to skip! I told them we'd be having Sunday school then, but they were just fine with that! We ended up playing tic tac toe and Chinese checkers for a while. Joe had his First Responder class last night. He'll be having class 2 days a week for the next 5 weeks. I'm happy because once he's finished he will know exactly what to do in any emergency until paramedics get there. There's a nice comfort in knowing that.

Moving on to cute things! I have made hair bows for my girls before and it's so easy to do and you can make them to match a specific outfit. Well, I really wanted to try one adding a shrinky dink to them. For this one of course I pulled out one from my Doodle Factory stash {gotta love 'em}! The princess was my first choice since it was for a little girls hair bow. I sanded down the plastic and colored her with my Prismacolors. Then I shrunk her down and attached her to the hair bow I had just made up. I used E6000 to attach her instead of my hot glue gun because a. I have no idea where my glue gun is and b. I know the E6000 is gonna keep it there!


Stamps: Doodle Factory Fairytale Ink: Stazon jet black Other: shrink plastic white, 1/2 inch ribbon, barrette, wire

If anyone would like to know the details on how to make the hair bow then just leave a comment and I can make up a tutorial.

Make sure you stop by the Starving Artistamps company blog on Saturday! Starting at 11:00am we are dong a blog hop to show the new releases coming for Doodle Factory! You're gonna love them!!!!

Have a great sun-shiny day!

7 comments:

Julie Masse said...

very cute idea Heidi! The princess is perfect! :)

Allison said...

Love this idea Heidi!

Rose Ann said...

This is just darling, Heidi!!

Amy said...

Very cute!

Barbra said...

Yes Heidi a tut on the hair clip would be awesome. I have a 4 yo grand daughter with long hair and would LOVE to make barettes like this for her. Yours is gorgeous. Lucky little girl who gets this.

eda said...

按摩棒電動按摩棒飛機杯自慰套自慰套情趣內衣
角色扮演情趣,情趣用品跳蛋情趣跳蛋

G點性感丁字褲吊帶襪丁字褲無線跳蛋

情趣用品情趣煙火
衣蝶情趣按摩棒
潤滑液SM內衣性感內衣自慰器充氣娃娃AV情趣情趣用品

Kat and Matt said...

Hi! I have been looking everywhere for something just like this. It's adorable! I'd love a tutorial!!!