Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Spy...

What's up peeps?! Hope everyone has had an enjoyable week so far! Things have been pretty mellow around here so that's always good!

Today I don't have any stamping but I wanted to share something the kids and I made last night. I know a lot of you that read my blog have youngins', as my brother in law from Mississippi would say, so I think they would really like this. I have seen the idea for it several times but just never got around to trying it. Here is what you need:

An empty jar (I washed out the one we finished up a few days ago):

Rice or sand or anything smaller grained:


Things to 'spy':


This is the smallest piece in the jar. It's a blue sprinkle in my son's hand.


Put them all together and you get this:


It's nice because you can give it a good shake and things end up in a different spot and you can start all over again.

The kids had loads of fun finding things to put in the jar. You could make it more educational and find things that are a certain color, that start with a certain letter, or that even have a long vowel sound in them. You could make it really fun.


I just wanted to let you guys know that I decided to start a family/homeschool blog as well. That way I could keep all of the kid stuff to that one and the craft stuff to this one. If you'd like to check it out here is the link. I made my first post today.

Well, I shall return tomorrow with some Doodle Factory magic! See you then!

1 comment:

Rose Ann said...

What a cute idea!! Thanks for sharing, Heidi!!