Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas is Creeping

Wow! December 3rd already! Christmas is creeping up and before you know it we'll be opening presents by the tree, or at least the kids will! I better get my booty in gear! I have soooo much to do and not a whole lot of time to do it in! Thank goodness I have been done shopping for the kids for over a week already! It's weird though. I don't feel super Christmas-y yet. Maybe it's because I have already done all of the shopping. Maybe wrapping will get me in the mood!

Anyway, I want to share some holiday cards with you done with Starving Artistamps rubber. When I got this holly berry and leaf I was really excited to use it and I must say that I am very happy with my creations!

First is my super simple one layer card. I made a mask for the holly leaf and stamped each 'stem' with 2 leaves and 3 berries all over the front, distressed the edges, added a ribbon, and used my alphabet stamps for 'comfort and joy'. Easy peasy lemon squeezey!

  • STAMPS- holly leaf and berry 45.11, alphabet 41.02 (Starving Artistamps)
  • PAPER- kraft CS
  • INK- Versamagic Cloud White, Colorbox Chestnut Roan
  • OTHER- ribbon, edge distresser

Now I am quite particular, but I love this one! The idea for the ribbon just kind of slapped me in the face as I was cutting out the holly leaves. I wasn't even planning on doing it. Don't ya just love surprises!? All I did was take a longer piece of red ribbon, fold it in half, and tie a normal knot in the middle. Then, I cut 2 small slits in the kraft CS (big enough for the ribbon to go through) and then slipped the ribbon through the slits and taped it on the back side so it wouldn't budge. Cool huh?

  • STAMPS- holly leaf and berry 45.11 (Starving Artistamps)
  • PAPER- red, kraft CS
  • INK- Colorbox Olive Pastel
  • OTHER- ribbon, scoring blade, craft knife, pop dots

Well, thanks for stopping by today! Stay warm! It's super chilly here!

P.S. No one guessed the sister-in-law right on my last entry. It was Mandy. Thanks for trying though!!

3 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful cards, Heidi!!

Donna Baker said...

love the ribbon holly! so cute

Lauragwnl said...

love the ribbon holly! so cute