Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My body hurts...

These past few weeks have been the most physically challenging ones I've had in a loooong time! But, they are almost over! Whew! My body hurts though and I have a serious sun burn from planting my watermelons, cantaloupe, and pumpkins. Everything is planted though so that is a relief. Now we just have to finish the chicken coup. Yes, we got chickens! Thirty 3 week old chicks and two 3 week old roosters. We are building a movable coup they won't make a big dirt pile where they will eat the grass. Every day or every other day we will be able to move it (it will be on wheels) so they can have fresh grass and we aren't left with any bare spots! It's like a big triangle and at the top will be there nests and roosts and at the bottom will be a fenced area that is directly on top of the grass. Once they get big enough to free range we will just let them out during the day and put them back in their coup at night to keep them away from predators. So far and quite surprisingly, the boys are my favorite. They actually let me pet them and hold them without freaking out. And before I tell you their names please take no offense as my kids helped name them. Little Bill and Pecker. I said Pecker to Joe jokingly and the kids loved it. It's so nice how kids can be so untainted by the world! Anyway, I will have a few pictures to share later this week, just haven't had time to edit them. We will have to thin our group down by about 20 by the time late fall gets here. Hopefully the kids get attached to the ones we are keeping!

Moving on to crafting now, I wanted to share a few more Doodle Factory cards I got done last week. Drumroll please....

I wanted to keep this one simple and obvious...


For this one I was channeling my inner layer-er. LOL

  • STAMPS- Drake from DF Fairytale, Miss You from SSS Thanks (Starving Artistamps)
  • PAPER- Basic Grey Archaic, white CS
  • INK- Tim Holtz Tea Stain distress ink, Brilliance black
  • OTHER- Nestabilities, Copic Markers, pop dots, sponge

I have some super cute QKD cards to share tomorrow! Be sure to stop back by to see them and get a glimpse at our chicks! Thanks for coming by today! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Cute cards Heidi! Love the dragon one. :)

The rooster's name cracks me up! I was reading your blog and started laughing hysterically...Shane wanted to know what was wrong with me. It's good that the kids are untainted, but my mind is totally in the gutter. LOL

Keep your Pecker safe from the coyotes, and don't run over your Pecker with the van! LOL I'm sorry, I just can't stop myself!

Hugs,
Amy S.

Rose Ann said...

Your Doodle Factory cards are sooo cute! Love 'em, Heidi!! Sounds like you've been busy! Hope it slows down some for ya! ;)

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Sounds like lots of busy fun! Your cards are awesome and well designed.

Love them both!

:-)